Cambridge teachers are committed to the ongoing academic development and well-being and safety of our students and the overall success of the school. Our teachers enjoy ongoing, job-embedded staff professional development to ensure development of their personal and professional growth, as well as, the success of every student.
Teachers report directly to, and are evaluated by the Director. Teachers for 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade with Reading Endorsement, 4th Grade, Grades 4-9 ELA, Grades 4-9 Science, Grades 4-8 Intervention Specialist, Grades K-3 Title One Reading, and Physical Education wanted.
Our Teachers are responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class and the safety and welfare of the students, during on-site and off-site activities. They are responsible for planing, organizing, and implementing an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Teachers agree with and are committed to the academic goals and philosophy of Cambridge Education Group. He or she understands, abides by, and implements the policies, directives, and guidelines set forth by the management company. He or she must also:
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Teach all subjects following the school’s course of study or as assigned.
- Create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment that is conducive to children’s learning.
- Prepare instructional lesson plans aligned with applicable state standards and adhere to the Cambridge instructional framework with fidelity.
- Utilize data and assessment as a means to drive instruction.
- Identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and expectations.
- Develop classroom experiences that teach students not only facts but how to apply what they learn to solve real world problems.
- Adapt and enrich the curriculum using multiple strategies, online tools, and technology in imaginative and enriching ways to actively engage and support students in their learning.
- Organize and manage groups or individual students ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities.
- Ensure effective use of support staff within the classroom, including parent helpers.
- Use advanced classroom management techniques.
- Maintain good order and discipline among the students, safeguarding their health and safety.
- Provide ample opportunities to all students to develop in activities outside the classroom such as student organizations, physical activities, and service learning.
- Maintain status of Highly Qualified Teacher per federal definition.
- Maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of children’s progress.
- Keep accurate records on each student such as: grade books and report cards, lesson plans, attendance records, and behavior/discipline records.
- Maintain confidentiality concerning all student information and any professional matters.
- Facility and Personnel Development
- Be willing to create and manage extracurricular activities for the student population.
- Ensure an orderly, motivational and aspirational culture and a strong school community where teaching, learning and healthy relationships can thrive.
- Work with staff to improve student learning and achievement.
- Collaborate with colleagues demonstrating a model of connected educators and develop positive working relationships with students, parents, and school staff.
- Be part of a whole school team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programs of study, teaching materials, resources, methods of teaching and pastoral arrangements.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
We’re looking for candidates who have a passion for improving educational opportunities for urban students and for building a strong, mission-driven organization. Our employees have a commitment to continued personal and professional growth, and a commitment to the company’s mission, vision and growth, as well as:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certification/licensure in appropriate teaching area
- Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) status in teaching assignment
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks
- Proven effective classroom instructional and management skills
- Experience with personalized student advising and motivation skills
- Has demonstrated ability to work effectively with all stakeholders
- Passion for working with, and teaching, youth of various social, educational, and economic backgrounds and levels
- Willingness to go above and beyond to support students in achieving academic goals
- Commitment to continued personal and professional growth
- Proficiency in the use of technology
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
- No annual contracts
- Paid holidays and personal days
- PTO buy back options
- Health/dental/vision insurance options
- Gym membership subsidy
- $1,000 vacation credit eligible
- Continuous service bonus
- STRS eligible
- Extensive professional development opportunities and allowances
- Growth opportunities for proven leaders
- Freedom to be innovative to best serve your students
Become a member of an organization that aspires to the best people developer in the industry.