The intervention specialist is responsible for all aspects of Special Education services and compliance and may provide additional intervention to students not identified for Special Education services as needed. The Intervention Specialist must be knowledgeable and proactively stay up to date on all laws pertaining to special education.
It is the responsibility of the Intervention Specialist to ensure that all students identified with a disability are given the same learning opportunities as non-disabled students. The Intervention Specialist will work closely with the classroom teacher in making sure that student needs are met, IEP goals are taught and IEP provisions are followed. Intervention Specialists are committed to the ongoing academic development and well-being of their students and the overall success of the school.
The Intervention Specialist reports directly to, and is evaluated by the Director.
The Intervention Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day work and management of their students and the safety and welfare of the students. This includesstandards-based curriculum and assessment development; instruction and supervision of students; guidance, academic, and character development; and student safety. The Intervention Specialist agrees with and is committed to the academic goals and philosophy of Cambridge Education Group. He or she understands, abides by, and implements the policies, directives, and guidelines set forth by the management company. He or she also:
- Special Education
- Leads the Response to Intervention process.
- Effectively communicates with teachers, parents and administrators to facilitate the IEP process.
- Accurately and efficiently maintains IEP’s and student’s files.
- Remains current on rules regulations set forth in special education
- Creates and manages a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment that is conducive to children’s learning.
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Prepares instructional lesson plans aligned to applicable state standards and implements the Instructional Framework with fidelity.
- Teaches all subjects following the School’s course of study or as assigned.
- Utilizes data and assessment as a means to drive instruction.
- Ensures effective use of support staff within the classroom, including parent helpers.
- Identifies clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and expectations.
- Adapts and enriches the curriculum using multiple strategies, online tools, and technology in imaginative and enriching ways to actively engage and support students in their learning.
- Develops classroom experiences that teach students not only facts but how to apply what they learn to solve real world problems.
- Organizes and manages groups or individual pupils ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities.
- Uses advanced classroom management techniques.
- Provides ample opportunities to all students to develop in activities outside the classroom such as student organizations, physical activities, and service learning.
- Ensures high standards of achievement for all students and an orderly, motivational and aspirational culture and a strong school community where teaching, learning and healthy relationships can thrive.
- Keeps accurate records on each student such as: grade books and report cards, lesson plans, attendance records, and behavior/discipline records.
- Maintains a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of children’s progress.
- Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of student records professional matters.
- Facility and Personnel Development
- Collaborates with staff to improve student learning and achievement in the regular education classroom.
- Collaborates with colleagues demonstrating a model of connected educators and develops positive working relationships with students, parents, and school staff.
- Maintains order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety.
- Is part of a whole school team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programs of study, teaching materials, resources, methods of teaching, and pastoral arrangements.
- Participates in ongoing, job-embedded staff professional development to ensure their personal and professional growth, as well as, the success of every student.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned.
We’re looking for candidates who have a passion for improving educational opportunities for urban students and for building a strong, mission-driven organization. Our employees have a commitment to continued personal and professional growth, and a commitment to the company’s mission, vision and growth, as well as:
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in the use of technology.
- Proven effective classroom instructional and management skills.
- Experience with personalized student advising and motivation skills.
- Has demonstrated ability to work effectively with all stakeholders.
- Passion for working with, and teaching, youth of various social, educational, and economic backgrounds and levels.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to support students in achieving academic goals.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Certification/licensure in appropriate teaching area; Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) status in teaching assignment.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
- Paid holidays and personal days
- Health insurance options
- STRS eligible
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Growth opportunities for proven leaders
- Freedom to be innovative to best serve your students
Become a member of an organization that aspires to the best people developer in the industry.